Our Municipal Taxation team brings many years’ experience and advises on the range of municipal mandatory payments. Those include, among other, property taxation, development levies for paving roads and pavements, open public spaces and water and sewage systems fees, waste removal fees, and signage fees. We also represent clients on obligations imposed by water and sewage corporations, and on agreements that regulate the financing and establishment of urban infrastructure and water and sewage infrastructure.
Our comprehensive advice includes drafting and updating bylaws, as well as bylaw approval procedures in the Ministry of the Interior and other governmental bodies. We also act for clients in administrative and judicial tribunals at all levels, including property tax appeals, administrative appeals, class actions, and petitions before the Administrative Court; appeals and requests for leave to appeal before the Supreme Court; and monetary lawsuits in civil courts of all levels.
Among many matters, we are involved in:
- Drafting establishment fee rules for the Water Authority, rules that replaced the water and sewage levy charges according to bylaws of the local authorities with a new charging system.
- Supporting the Eilat Municipality on issues of property tax, development levies and other compulsory payments.
- Acting for the Holon Municipality in large-scale lawsuits for the reinstatement of development levies.
- Advising on high-value evaluations of property tax for border crossings and airports, as well as development levies for airports (including Atarot, Sde Dov and Haifa).
- Representing the Weizmann Institute of Science in large-scale legal proceedings relating to various development levies imposed on the Institute’s campus.