Domestic or international, no project financing is ever the same. Clients demand experts with the technical knowledge, commercial agility and successful track record to adapt, tailor and deliver that knowledge on each individual project. Tadmor Levy & Co. is your partner.
As one of the premier, single-designated Project Finance departments in Israel, we have been involved in almost all project financings that have taken place in Israel in recent years. We advise clients involved in all project financing models (BOT, PFI, BOO, DBFM, and others) in all sectors, including transportation, water desalination, telecom, construction, housing, conventional energy, renewable energy, and natural gas. Our team has assumed a key role in supporting Ministries of the State of Israel, governmental entities and companies, banks, institutional investors, and developers in creating pathfinder and innovative financing structures for their projects.
Based on the team's proven success in providing legal services for Israel's five desalination projects, members of the team participated in the creation of the de facto model and established “Best Practice” methodology for executing and financing PPP-based desalination projects in Israel.
In addition, the team was selected by the Accountant General of the State of Israel to formulate the “Standard Form” tender documents and concession agreements for all PFI/PPP projects to be published in the future by the State of Israel, with the aim of introducing a unified standard for projects of this type.
Notable examples include:
- our representation of Israel's Ministry of Regional Co-operation on its development of the Red Sea – Dead Sea project;
- advice to the Inter-Ministerial Tender Committee with respect to the PPP tender for the selection of the private entity sponsors to design, finance, construct, operate and maintain the light rail J-Net in Jerusalem;
- advice to NTA on its development of the Red Line of the Tel Aviv Light Rail project and its PPP tender for the selection of the private entity sponsors to design, finance, construct and maintain the light rail “Green Line” Project and the “Purple Line” Project in Tel Aviv;
- Netivey Israel, the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Transportation in the initiation of a PPP airport in Israel;
- representation of the Ministry of Defense in a PPP project for the design, construction, operation and maintenance of an intelligence complex in the Negev;
- representation of bidders in the sale of the Ashdod Desalination Plant;
- representation of lenders in the construction of Cross Israel Highway (Sections 3 and 7);
- representing lenders in financing of student dormitories;
- representing lenders in the financing of a PPP project for Teleprocessing Complex in Be'er Sheva, military training facilities in the Negev and the finance providers in the design, construction, operation and maintenance of Road 431, as well as some of Israel’s largest photo-voltaic energy projects.
This range and depth of knowledge is widely supported by tier-one rankings of international legal directories, such as Legal 500 and Chambers Global, with the latter underlining how "the commercial understanding, availability, creativity and negotiation skills of the team are number one". IFLR1000 describes how "we know how to balance so the needs of both sides will be met", underlining our "vast knowledge of the industry as they have represented the state and banks in numerous deals, small and large".
Combining this vast industry knowledge with our commitment to tailored advice and innovative financing structures continues to reap rewards for our clients as they complete some of the most cutting-edge projects in their sector.