Robert joined Tadmor Levy & Co. in April 2016. Prior to joining Tadmor Levy, Robert Krombein articled in South Africa at the firm Deneys Reitz, South Africa’s largest domestic firm. Robert was admitted as an attorney of the Supreme Court of South Africa in April 2001 and remained with the firm in an associate position. In April 2005 he was promoted to partner in the firm.
Deneys Reitz joined the global firm Norton Rose Fulbright in June 2011. Robert continued his career as a partner in Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa, a position that he held until immigrating to Israel in February 2016.
Robert was the lead partner responsible for multi-million dollar transactions and litigation and was the primary external legal advisor and client relationship partner for the South African offices of a number of multinational companies, including KPMG, Ernst & Young, Louis Dreyfus Commodities and WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff.
Robert’s experience includes:
- advising Google and Ernst & Young in connection with the construction and leasing arrangements for their new offices in Johannesburg;
- drafting bespoke construction contracts and security instruments for Louis Dreyfus Commodities in connection with the supply, erection and refurbishment of intake, storage and conveying systems, silos and seed crushing plants in Johannesburg;
- advising Germany-based engineering company, NUKEM Technologies GmbH, concerning the construction of a nuclear power plant and fuel plant in South Africa;
- advising Finland-based engineering company, Outotec GmbH, in disputes under bespoke construction and supply contracts concerning the construction of a manganese mine in the Northern Cape, South Africa;
- representing KPMG South Africa and KPMG International concerning the collapse of a Mauritius registered investment company;
- representing international mining house, Rio Tinto, in a dispute concerning the construction of a mine in Guinea;
- representing Russia mining giant, Severstal, in disputes concerning the construction of mines in Burkina Faso and Guinea;
- advising the developers and financiers concerning the construction and operation arrangements for a number of projects under the South Africa Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Program.