Ziv Wassercug leads the firm’s practice in China.
Ziv spent several years as foreign legal counsel at prominent Chinese law firms and gained extensive experience in various legal aspects of commercial transactions and foreign investments in the PRC, with particular expertise in mergers and acquisitions.
Ziv advises and oversees the operations of Israeli and other foreign companies and individuals in the PRC, in a wide range of areas including hi-tech, environmental technology, the toy industry, the automotive industry, financial services, credit cards, and retail.
Ziv also advises and represents Chinese entities in their investments and business activities in Israel.
Some of Ziv's notable transactions include:
- representation of a publicly-listed Chinese corporation in purchasing the controlling shares of an Israeli hi-tech company;
- representation of a unique technology firm in a joint venture with the Russian Cooperation of Nanotechnology (Rusnano) for the production of lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles involving a total investment of more than USD 500 million;
- representation of an innovative Chinese firm in its operations in the water treatment sector in Israel;
- representation of a consortium of Israeli and foreign companies in the establishment of a new telecommunications company operating a fixed FTTH telecommunication infrastructure jointly with the Israel Electric Corporation Ltd;
- representation of an Israeli car distributor in signing an exclusive distribution agreement with a leading Chinese car manufacturer